Do we understand success or it doesn’t exist in our society? What learner agility persons are doing?
Most of all regular hard working people ask them self, How can I archive success? Which are the main step to follow? What should I do or not do for leadership achievement? It’s there a secret recipe to do something genius? How some people are doing it?. I guess that everyone, at least one time in their life, have done one or similar question. Just because that’s how human behavior works. We want a bit more, we want success. We want to see beyond the horizon. And why not? That’s how humanity had discover many things. Just wanting to see more than what they can see. Like making a small step in the moon or discovering a new continent on earth! Those adventures where provided by the first thought of someone that wanted more, someone “bright”.
To become a bright person or entrepreneur, that person should be someone who has the skill to exercises initiative by organizing an idea, to take the benefit of an opportunity and as the decision maker, decides what, how and how much that idea will be executed. According to economist Joseph Alois Schumpeter (1883-1950), entrepreneurs are not necessary motivated by profit but regard it as a standard for measuring achievement or success. So we go back to success. Does success means something that we could measure from one person to another? What dose success means? In my honest opinion, there are a lot of meaning and depends of what each person thinks. The moment you define what the meaning of success is to you, would be the only way to achieve it. Is like taking steps forward in accomplishing your goals or objectives. Because after all, life it’s about moving forward and not ending were you started.
Now the question becomes “how to know the correct steps to accomplish objectives?” in order to know the answer, we could follow some author’s recommendations, which in my belief would help us to clearly mark our path to our goals. First of all, it’s important to become a learning agile person, which their qualities take shape in five particular ways:
- Self-Awarness: They know what they’re good at and not so good at and actively address the not so good.
- Mental Agility: They are critical thinkers who are comfortable with complexity, examine problems carefully and make fresh connections that they make understandable to others.
- People Agility: They understand the value of getting things done through others and are exceptional communicators who see conflict as an opportunity rather than a problem.
- Change Agility: They like to experiment and can deal with the discomfort of change; they have a passion for ideas and are highly interested in continuous improvement.
- Results Agility: They deliver results in first-time situation through resourcefulness and having a significant presence that inspires others.
With these particular qualities, a person could think it through, bring out the best in others, promote new possibilities, make fresh connections and after all, things will happen. So, in my opinion that would be success.